First, you can always use our free Online Clipboard Tool to copy and paste text between different devices
There are a few different ways to copy and paste text from one device to another, depending on the devices you are using and the software applications you have available. Here are a few methods you can try:
- Use a cloud-based service: If you have a cloud-based service like Dropbox, Google Drive, or Microsoft OneDrive set up on both devices, you can save the text file to the cloud on one device and then open it on the other device to copy and paste the text.
- Use email: If you have an email account set up on both devices, you can email the text file to yourself and then open the email on the other device to copy and paste the text.
- Use a messaging app: If you have a messaging app like WhatsApp, Telegram, or Signal set up on both devices, you can send the text file to yourself as a message and then open the message on the other device to copy and paste the text.
- Use a file transfer app: If you have a file transfer app like Xender, SHAREit, or Send Anywhere set up on both devices, you can transfer the text file between devices and then open it on the other device to copy and paste the text.
- Use a physical transfer method: If all else fails, you can physically transfer the text file between devices using a USB drive or other external storage device. Save the text file to the storage device on one device, then transfer the storage device to the other device and open the file to copy and paste the text.
Copying and pasting text from one device to another can be done using various methods depending on the devices and platforms being used. Here are some ways to copy and paste text from one device to another:
Cross-device copy and paste using Microsoft devices:
1. Make sure that the cross-device copy and paste feature is turned on for both your PC and Android device.
2. On your PC, open the Phone Link app, go to Settings > Cross-device copy and paste, and make sure the toggle is On for Allow this app to access and transfer content I copy and paste between my phone and PC.
3. On your Android device, make sure that the Link to Windows app is pre-installed and turned on. You can check this by going to Settings > Advanced Features > Link to Windows and toggle Use mobile data. On some Android devices, go to Settings > Sync over mobile data and check to see if this is turned on.
4. Once both devices are synced, you can copy and paste text using the same shortcuts you normally use on your PC and Android device.
Using the Windows universal cloud clipboard:
1. Make sure that you have a Microsoft account and that you are logged into each PC and device with the same account.
2. On your Windows PC, select and copy some text in an app.
3. On your Android device, open an app where you can input text, tap the clipboard icon in the toolbar above the keyboard, and you should see the text you copied from Windows. Tap the text to insert it into the current area.
4. To copy from Android to Windows, select and copy text from an app on your Android device, then in Windows, open an application in which you can enter text, and press the Windows key and the V key to display the cloud clipboard. You should see the text you copied from Android. Click the text to insert it.
Using the Universal Clipboard for Apple devices:
1. Make sure that all your devices have WiFi and Bluetooth on, and that the Handoff feature is enabled on each device.
2. Select and copy text or images on one device.
3. On the other device, long press on text or images to bring up a Copy command, then Paste using the same method as you normally would.
Using third-party apps:
1. Clipbrd (free) is a Google Chrome extension that works across Android and any desktop version of the browser. Just use your devices’ copy and paste feature as you normally would, and Clipbrd will take care of the syncing.
2. Magic Copy (free) is available to download for desktop as well as Android and iOS. Just use copy as normal, then open up the Magic Copy app on your device.
3. Pushbullet (free) works across Android and iOS, as well as Chrome and Firefox on any platform. It lets you transfer text, images, and links wherever you have the app installed.
Copying and pasting text from one device to another is a useful feature that can save time and effort. However, it is important to ensure that the feature is turned on and that the devices are synced properly before attempting to use it. It is also important to note that some devices and platforms may have limitations on what can be copied and pasted, such as the size of images and the inability to copy and paste from a Secure Folder.